Thursday, March 27, 2008

Black or Silver




Hello!

I have a dilemma (How do you spell dilemma?) Anyone who is out there may be able to help. I've been giving my bedroom a little make-over and am stuck on the lamps so I thought I would ask you guys! I can't decide between, black lamp with white shade, brushed nickel with white shade or maybe a taller brushed nickel lamp (yes, with white shade). What is your opinion? I really can't decide. I like them both. I originally was going to go with the silver but then thought the black looked good with the black handles on the furniture so now I just don't know. It is all in the details ya know! :) I have a little poll you can take! Here are some pics.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

We almost have the same color bedroom! I like the brushed nickel lamp look the best!

Sarah said...

Hey Laurie--I voted for brushed nickel too. I like it with the color of your comforter. You could always change the hardware on your furniture if you really wanted it to match. Great idea for a poll! Before the days of blogging, I emailed some pics of our master bedroom lamps to a friend, and she HATED them. SO I changed them. How funny.

Megan said...

I'm gonna have to go with the black. I like the contrast of the strait rails on the headboard against the swirls of the lamp. I'm all about contrast though. But, I do like the brushed nickle though because it's shiny like the pillows and comforter. Cute bedroom!

aisha said...

I like the black as well-good contrast.

And by the way-tag! You're it!

Visit my blog for the rules!

Karen Eliot said...

Cute bedroom Laur. I voted taller brushed nickel. I think maybe either the lamp or the shade on the lamp should be a little bigger. I'm such a nit-picky dork about things like this though (; Whatever you choose will look just fine.

Fisher Family said...

Good for you Laurie to do projects. I'm still waiting to be motivated to paint my downstairs bathroom. I also liked the brushed nickel.

Harley said...

Morning from the East coast. Laurie!

It snowed another five inches here yesterday ... aren't you sorry you left Henrietta now?

In my opinion, the brushed nickel one is definitely the way to go...and not just for looks (although, I do like the smoother, uncomplicated look of it).

The brushed nickel won't show up the dust as easily...less dusting! And all those little scrolls in the black one will be harder to keep clean too.

But that's me. Anything I can do to avoid cleaning...

Harley

Jennifer said...

I love your bedroom makeover. You can come to my house next. What finish is the hardware on your dressers and doors?

sixlayerdip said...

Jennifer wanted to know the color of the hardware on the furniture and doors. Furniture: black Doors: brushed nickel as are the curtain rods.