Friday, August 29, 2008

Dave is home, sweet home!!



Dave made it home safe and sound on August 12th! What a great day! He flew into SLC and the boys and I met him there while the girls chose to stay up at Apsen Grove and be part of the festivities when we arrived there later that night! I tried to meet him at the gate and got a security pass that enabled me and the boys to go to the gate. We didn't get there super early but I thought early enough. We got to his gate with about 15 minutes before his arrival time...we waited about 20 minutes and then I got a phone call from him (his cell phone was up and running already). He was already in baggage claim cuz he landed about 15 or so minutes early...I just barely missed him. So, I told him we'd meet him in baggage claim...oh well. Dave's plan was to surprise his 60 or so relatives up at Family Camp and my plan was to surprise him with all his relatives knowing ahead of time of his arrival, ya know, a big surprise party. Well, his grandma(the one who was not at Family Camp) calls and tells him it is great that everyone knows but his dad so there went that surprise. So, thru all the "surprising" the only one who didn't have a clue that Dave would be making it to the reunion was Dave's dad because he was out golfing when I broke the news. It was so great to see him see Dave...have you ever been so happy that your strength leaves you? ( I have once, when my mom, sister, and brother surprised me at the SLC airport as I was about to leave for S. Korea for 1 1/2 years) Well, that was my father in law. He had to hold on to Dave while he got over the shock. It was great to see. Dave's dad loves him alot. Always telling whoever will listen about "his son serving in Iraq" or "his son, the anesthesiologist". Anyways, it was wonderful! Bev, my mother in law did have to lie to Dave, my father in law, because he over heard her talking about someone flying into Boise. So, she pretended to go to the bathroom, figured out a cover story and this was it: My sister, Jenny(who lives in Bountiful), completely lost it (her mind) and took off with her two kids and no one knew where she was for quite some time but she just called from Boise!! LOL. That was hilarious. I never did tell my sister about that. Maybe Jenny, you are reading about it right now. Anyways, it is great to have him back! Plus, he likes to cook and I don't...an added bonus in my book!:)


Dad and his boys.
Wave those flags high boys!


Brett practicing his photo taking skills.


Dad and Sophia
This was the first, OK second thing after a hug, that
Dave did with Sophie! Throwing the kids around already!


Dave Jr. and Dave Sr.
Happy Reunion!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Reunions, they are so awesome. Even when things don't go the way you had planned. When Dave came home for R and R we wandered around the airport for 30 minutes trying to find each other. (Dave didn't have a cell phone). So glad he is home!!!!

mom said...

Welcome home Dave! I love reunions.

Deborah said...

What wonderful news. I am so happy for all you.

Sarah said...

So, so sweet. Welcome home.

Alisha said...

Glad to see he is back and everything worked out. You'll definitely never forget this story :)

Cathy said...

Yay! It's great to see you all together again! You did amazing for all those months he was gone.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

how did i miss this post? i was just wondering today when you guys would be all together again! i'm so glad he's home!!!! it seriously makes me cry thinking that families have to be apart from each other for so long. hope things are getting back together!