Friday, August 29, 2008

Wish you all could've come!

B.D.R.P.!!!
Also Known As
Breaking Dawn Release Party!


Esther, Holly and me posing for my brother Dave. We aren't good posers are we?
We ate at a great Italian restaurant in Bountiful in honor of Bella and Edward's first "date" in Port Angeles! Too bad my memory is so terrible that I can't remember the name of the place. Help me out girls! But I do remember how fun it was! And Maren (my trainer) and Esther(my Med. School friend) just happen to be related...probably 3rd or 4th cousins or something like that! Their roots take them both up to some small, small town in Central Utah. Fun!

Here is:
Fire and Ice, I'm Switzerland, Bite With Care, Sparkle and Bite Me Already


No sleeping girls! We've got a long and exciting night in front of us! Maren is thinking,"What have I gotten myself into...and what's with this tight shirt?"


OK, they look more awake now! I'm thinking they could just hardly wait for the rockin' party! Heading up the escalator to the B&N at The Gateway in SLC.


Oh yeah, the decor was just...amazing. I LOVE the black starz! (that was sarcasm) Rock on! Do you see the pretty little red apple we are holding? How fun is that?! :)


Here we are with creepy "Edward" guy. None of us wanted an alone picture with him. He came to the party alone. Is that just wrong or what? I mean, where is Jasper and Emmett? Or maybe he could've had his mom dress up as Bella or something. What a weirdo! He was checking out my sister! She played with his mind for a brief 5 seconds but I don't think he could read it!


The crowd! Lots of crazies out there!
We love, (BOOM BOOM) Edward!(BOOM BOOM)
and some of us Jacob, like Esther!


Me and my 4:00 am buddies. uhuh..they got to B&N at 4:00 in the morning to get the wristbands. The next person to arrive was me at 7:20 am. The store opened at 9:00 am.


Me high on Vampire Love and Chocolate!


All of us with our precious books...my little precious...ya know, from Lord of the Rings?


Tempting isn't it? I still have it. I think I will save it and give it to my grand daughter one day!


Last but not least, a picture of me and my friend Cathy the next day taking the girls to the spraygrounds. I have Cathy to thank for getting me hooked on Twilight!! She is the one who picked it for our book club all those months and months ago! Thanks Cathy! :) Now, only if the book was as good as I was hoping it would be. Let's just say it didn't take my breath away...but I was breathing heavy? :) I give it 7 out of 10!


Oh, only in Utah will you see this sign on a tanning salon!! Make skin dark and teeth
Twilight White! Oh please! Did you know that there is a little store at University Mall completely devoted to Twilight? I didn't go but secretly wanted to! :)


To just finish up! We had a BLAST! And if any of you want to go to Forks on Sep. 13th I'm going up there for Stephenie Meyer Day!! Oh, yes I am! I've got one friend whose coming. I'm sure more will come! I have limited seating! :)

8 comments:

Megan said...

Good thing you guys had a fun night because the book was kind of a let down :)

I love that picture of Dave hugging you. You can tell how much he missed you! Actually the post made me cry... maybe cuz I'm pregnant :) I'm so happy he's home safely!

Jennifer said...

Laurie yo so crack me up. I love your enthusiam for the things you love. I hope your kids appreciate how cool that is. I've read the books now. They were great. The movie is going to not be half as cool though. That's my prediction...

Heather said...

I have so enjoyed looking over your posts. I think this may be my first time on your blog. How lame is that?

LOVE the before/after pictures of your room. You did a great job!

mom said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Breaking Dawn event. I enoyed it, but nothing competes with Twilight. It's nice to see pictures of Esther and Cathy--I miss them! Welcome back to the blogging world.

Sarah said...

You're hilarious, Laurie. I don't have the same zeal for these adventures, but I enjoy living vicariously through you.

Esther said...

That was some fun! I especially loved how all those teenage girls thought we were sooooo cool.

Alisha said...

I wish I could have been there! Carla Rivera got me hooked on these books. I just finished New Moon and can't wait to get Eclipse. Looks like you are in the perfect place for reading the series.

Cathy said...

It was so fun seeing you in Utah! Thanks for taking the time to get together with us!!