Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brett is growing up!


Well, Brett is a growin' boy. He turned 12 in December and if you are a member of my church, you know what that means. But if you're not, then in means that he received the Aaronic Priesthood, which is the authority to act in God's name. With that, starts your life of service! Some of the responsibilities that Aaronic Priesthood holders have are to pass the sacrament on Sundays and to collect fast offerings at members homes on fast Sunday.


Brett was "lucky" enough to have the opportunity to give a talk in church a few Sundays later on the responsibilities of the priesthood. He did a very good job. My children always know and understand more than I think I give them credit for. Well, I wanted to take a picture of his talk so I went searching for it and asked Brett where it was. Luke was quick to let me know that Brett turned it into a paper airplane!! Nice one Brett! Well, here it is!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow mom! What are you feeding that boy?!? Happy birthday. What a great thing to have 2 priesthood holders in your house now :)

Susie said...

Congrats to Brett - and to you. I cried the first week Rob passed the sacrament. It's a huge leap! Love the paper airplane - exactly something that Rob would do :)

Dr. Awesome said...

I'm about an inch shorter than Brett so that means I am taller than you too. I'm lucky because I have been a decan a month longer than Brett and I haven't had to give a talk yet.



Micah,

Jennifer said...

I can't believe how tall you are Brett. Do guys remember the Johnson's? They are moving to Heidelburg this summer. I just thought you might like to know!

Heather said...

I LOVE that Brett made his talk into a paper airplane! It's good to see some things don't change.