Monday, February 1, 2010

A WInter Wonder

Winter is going strong over here! My landlord, Wofgang Deitweiler, said that we get hammered about every 10 years and so this year or next should be a heavy one! Well, I think it is this year because it has snowed so much, that Germany is running out of salt! Because of this, they are only salting the main highways, so it is kinda crazy driving around here! Luckily, I'm a pro at it...
We have yet to find a good sledding hill but they have some that are OK. We really haven't ventured too far from home to find one though. There are tons of hills around here, but most of them are farming land and I don't think we can just go find a hill to sled on. Our German friends might wonder what we are doing. I should go ask our neighbor, Tomas, where a good place is. He's lived here his whole life so I bet he's got some good ideas. Well, we did make a snow fort the other day and saw a great snowman down at the bus stop.

We also put a ruler in the snow on our patio table and it has been lost in the snow!

2 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Love the snow fort! That's a LOT of snow!!!

Cathy said...

Wow, I think the people living in the mid-Atlantic region need to stop complaining! Your snow fort is awesome!