Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bella's Chevy! I Found The Set!

Well, a week later on April 8th I decided to search again for the secret location of the Twilight Movie Set!! And I found it! Wahahaha! The Nancy Drew in me kicked in a couple days before and I started investigating or rather doing a little more digging on the net. It was hard and strenuous work! After the kids were in bed, I started sleuthing and came across an article that said they would be in Saint Helens!! "Hey," I thought, " I know where St. Helens is!" So, I went to Map Quest and searched for 1st and 6th, St. Helens, WA. What showed up was a star near Mount Saint Helens. I zoomed in and all there was were trees. Hmmm, is the town well hidden in trees? So, I clicked on a hotel slogan and poked around and it was talking about Saint Helens, OR! Few! Good thing I just didn't run down to the volcano! So I get the kids and let them know that on our way down to Portland we were just going to take a small detour to find Cedric Diggory and Sharkboy! A.K.A Edward Cullen and Jacob Black. We get to Saint Helens I drive right up to where all the trailers and catering trucks and lots of the crew were. I finally decide to park because there are no signs that say I can't park. I get myself and the kids out. There are 5 Goth Girls hanging out on the corner so I ask them if they are here for Twilight and they said yes!! And then they asked me if I was a Twilight MOM and I yelled yes!! Then one of them told me that Bella and Edward were eating lunch in the tent which was only about 150 ft. from where I parked! I said, " Are you serious?" She said yeah! Then I said that is SO COOL! I got my camera and video out! Brett was in charge of the video and was a bit embarrassed! We waited for just like 5 or 10 minutes and then....NOTHING. Someone told us that somehow they left without anyone noticing! BUMMER! The Goth Girls also told me that Jacob had just finished lunch just a couple of minutes before I got there. So, I tried to get up to the set but they wouldn't let me because someone had gotten into the house (Bella's house) and took pictures of the inside! But I did get pictures of the cars!! Woohoo! That's better than a school and a Chinese restaurant! We had lots of fun! But the kids really wanted to get to the hotel so they could go swimming!Here is Bella's faded red Chevy which is perfect!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

WOw! Go, Twilight MOM!

Cath said...

That is the coolest adventure! I love it! I love the books and can't wait for the movie! You could just hang out there everyday to get some pictures!

mom said...

Way to go! How fun that you found the set and took pix of the cars. I can't wait for the next book and the movie. I hope they get it right . . .

Sarah said...

Laurie, you are just too funny. I can hear you talking as I read your posts. Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom. Way to go keeping the adventuring alive all by yourself these days!

Cathy said...

Fun to see! My cousin's got "the host" early and have read it. Click on Brooks Family on my blog to see more. By the way, she doesn't give anything away, so no need to worry about her spoiling the book.

Jennifer said...

You are a total Nancy Drew. Your kids must think you are the coolest Mom ever. I can't beleive you went!!!!! Your dedication has inspired me to finally read the books.

Deborah said...

Laurie, I just found your blog on goodreads. How fun to find you. I think blogs are a great way to keep in touch.
I will have to let some Twilight fans here know about your discovery.

Anna said...

Laurie, I didn't even know you had a blog until Amy told how to find you and that you were posting about Twilight. I am so excited!! Keep us all informed!