Sunday, June 29, 2008

Portland Trip

Now that it has been a month since we went to Portland to see HSM I think I will write about it. We drove down on Friday and I thought it would be so easy to get there. Well, all was great til I got to the city and then they had all these detours and one way roads and I couldn't figure out how to get to the hotel. After an hour I called the hotel and they told me a very simple way to get there. I called my in-laws who were arriving later how to get there and they only drove in the downtown area for 5 minutes. Well, it was the Rose Festival that weekend (thus the detours) so we were able to see a FANTASTIC fireworks show that night. Then we walked along the river and there were all sorts of things going on. We went to a mini dinosaur museum that they set up right there on the water front. The kids had a great time. There was also a parade the next evening which we went to. We had a nice long, long walk with hundreds or maybe thousands of people all squished in to see the parade. Sophie, Brett, Luke, Bev and I tried to leave early and almost didn't make it out because of the crowds but a security guard had pity on me and help us get across the parade street to freedom. Jenny, Darci, Aunt Amber and Grandpa Duck got home an hour or so later.

Sophie and I in Portland




Brett, Luke and Sophie posing with the dinos.

No comments: