Friday, September 5, 2008

Luke's Great Day!!


Luke gets his own special blog entry today! The first day of school was also Luke's birthday! He was the first one in his 1st grade class to turn seven and he thinks that is so cool. Although, I'm wondering about his work load...he has none. His homework? Reading 3 words: I see my. That's all. He probably would've been fine being the youngest 2nd grader (he beat the cut off by 3 days) but my mom, sister and his pre-school teacher said to wait a year so I did. He's just a bit bored, well very bored!Luke's first day of school and 1st day of being 7!


We took Luke to school on his birthday for a couple reasons. The first being that this is the 1st time he is at school without any siblings. The second, we missed Back to School Night and he really didn't know where his class sat at community time which is the first 10 minutes of school. And third, since it was his birthday, the principal was going to call him up so the whole school could sing to him! We didn't want to miss that!


Here is Luke standing with two other kids while the whole school is singing to them. It was really fun! Luke really thought he was the coolest kid ever. And I think he is of course!


Sophie coming back from giving Luke a good-bye hug. She told me she was really going to miss Luke. They have become really good friends over the last several months which is so great!


When I asked Luke what kind of cake he wanted, he said, "Candy Cake!!". So that is exactly what he got! He thought there would just be candy stuck to the frosting of a real cake. But, no! I just dumped a couple bags of candy into a cake pan and Wa La!! A candy cake. He LOVED it!


I was even brave enough to put candles on it! And the big one was burning!


His most prized present EVER!! A Nintendo DS lite! Huhuh, Luke has nice parents even though video games aren't high on our to-do lists!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE THE CANDY CAKE!!!!

Sarah said...

You crack me up, Laurie. I love the candy cake too. But I'm not hard to please when it comes to candy or cake or (cookies or pizza or pasta or anything else for that matter . . . ). I'll be looking for you and your blue wig tomorrow. Go Cougars!

Alisha said...

I love the cake! Luke is getting so big! Jayden loved the pics of him. That's good to hear about holding him back. I may be doing that with Kendall. Her B-day isn't until Sep 16th. We'll see.

Heather said...

You are brilliant! Way to think out of the box.