Monday, September 22, 2008

I think I'm getting sick!

Have you ever made brownies from a box and then eaten half of that batter by continually "spreading" it around the pan and "evening" it out and then licking the spatula after each attempt to spread it and even it out? Well, I did that the other night. It was really good. Just one more lick I would say. Just one more. Then, after about the 2oth time I thought, "Hmmm, I'd better stop, I'm not feeling so good." I did stop... after three more dips into the pan! :{

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum. It almost makes me want to make brownies for breakfast. Sometimes I plan to make them in a smaller pan so I can lick to my heart's content. =) True confessions here . . .

Heather said...

Little bits at a time get me every time...kind of like when I say "I'm just going to read one more blog".

Dana said...

I'm that way with cookie dough. Although, my brother got salmonella poisoning from raw eggs a few short years ago, and I always think about it every time I lick the beaters.

Alisha said...

Just did this the other day! :) If you are a brownie lover try Ultimate Brownies by the Barefoot Contessa. They are sooooo good!

April said...

Remind me not to eat your brownies, aren't you supposed to wait to lick the spoon after you are finished:) I am a huge batter lover actually. I don't like Elise to help me bake because I don't want to share the spoon at the end.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i have to admit that my mother instilled a total fear of raw eggs in me, and she would never (and i mean NEVER) let eat raw dough or batter of any kind! so even to this day i'm slightly terrified of cookie dough. it's totally ridiculous, but i honestly can't bring myself to eat it. i know, i'm going to be a mean mom to my kids.

so sorry, i totally can't relate because that idea totally grosses me out. =) but i love brownies when they're cooked...probably one of my favorite deserts in the world.

Fisher Family said...

I had a bout w. the frosting can the other day. I hear ya!

Mary said...

Hey Layers. I just found your blog off of Deborah's. It's fun to see how you are all doing.