Friday, January 8, 2010

Let's Start with the Heidelberg Christmas Market



On December 22nd we took my in-laws to the Heidelberg Christmas Market. It sure was fun! There are actually 7 markets in the city and I think we went to 3 of them which were all close together. Christmas is such a fun and magical time over here because of all the markets. There are tours from America just for the Christmas Markets! Fun! I must admit that Dave and Bev did really good considering they had just gotten off the plane that day!



Sophie riding a bike on the Carrousel. She sure pedaled hard! She was glad that the chain was hooked on right. The first bike she hopped on didn't have the chain hooked on to the pedals so the back tire didn't spin. I'm glad we found one that worked properly!








Here we are in front of a huge...thingy. I can't remember what they are called but a normal sized one is run from the heat of candles...the heat makes the wheel on the top go around. Totallly cool!!

And here is the castle up on the hill! It looked really neat! There was an ice skating rink right below the castle. There were so many people out and about having fun on this last night of the Christmas Markets!

2 comments:

Carroll Family said...

LOVE Heidelberg!!! We also went to Rothenberg because we were there in June and visited their Christmas shops. I was determined to get a nativity like that because I grew up with one - we were AF and I lived there when I was really little.

Cathy said...

I have heard SO much about these markets, I am glad to finally see some pictures of them! Looks like a wonderful time!!