There really are layers of Christmas aren't there? There is all the hoopla of the season like giving little gifts to neighbors and friends and the sending out of Christmas cards. ( And quite frankly, I love doing that!) There is the searching and searching for the things the kids "want". There is the basic giving and receiving of gifts on Christmas Day. There is the significance of the birth of all mankind's Savior and pondering the gifts that He has freely given us, and then the ones that have to be taken through action on our part. I marvel at people, families that put all their effort into serving others and "forgetting themselves" during the holidays. I want to someday, forget about presents and just go help build a school in South America with Dave and all the kids in tow...or something like that! I almost want to boycott all electronics for presents!! But quite honestly, I'm too scared to do that...yet!! I'm building up the nerve and the know how and the stamina for all the "cries of despair" from my children and possibly my husband! :) But you know, kids remember "tramatic" experiences and hopefully this type of trama would help create loving, selfless individuals! Hmmm, someday...when I get the nerve and when I feel like I could do without a single present of my own! :) But for now, here are some pics of Christmas at our place!




CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH FRIENDS!
Some friends we knew very well, some we
new fairly well, and others we didn't know at
all but knew we wanted to! A great dinner!
Thanks to good friends and new friends!!

4 comments:
I agree with you about the service and no electronics. This year was the first big electronic year for our family. I guess that means they are getting older. I'm totally doing the soup kitchen thing when they kids are old enough to help out. Glad you had a great Christmas.
I've wanted to do the soup kitchen Christmas for years but like you, haven't quite mustered the courage to change tradition. Maybe I'll wait until my kids are teenagers at the height of the electronics years. Ha! Okay, perhaps my motive just killed the whole spirit of the thing....
BTW, great Christmas pictures! Who took those?
It looks like Christmas at the Layers was wonderful! You know you do have a great last name! I hope the new year brings many blessings and memories..
I love the elf pajamas. So colorful and festive! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment