Friday, December 26, 2008

My Super Cool, Extra Awesome Elves!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We did! Every year Christmas starts on Christmas Eve with the opening of the PJs. Every year, the kids get new pajamas on Christmas Eve. I think last year it finally wasn't a surprise anymore. So, last night they knew it was coming. Brett is always fearful of what I have gotten him, of what he has to wear at least once and last night was no exception! I almost gave my word of honor that I would never get him pjs from Children's Place again! We'll see! Even Dave said quietly, " Laurie, he really is getting too big for those type of pjs." Hmph!! Well, I know but...that means I'm getting old too!

The opening of the PJS!!
As you can see, Brett is ecstatic about his new pajamas!
I think he is saying something like," Oh brother! I can't
stand stripes!"


Even Sophie has a frown on her face! What was she expecting?
Princess pjs? Jenny was the only positive one! I think Sophie
liked them once Jenny said they were cool.

Luke was like, "Whatever Mom! These are so NOT cool."

THE HAPPY ELVES
After they all got dressed for bed, I of course had to
take pictures of them in their rockin' pjs!
I told them they look like the coolest elves ever!
Totally HAWT!
My husband said they looked more like inmates to him!
Well, how about JOLLY inmates! :)

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm with you on the pajamas...totally hawt.

Sarah said...

Your PJs are adorable. I didn't do the match/match PJs this year (I just went to Kohl's), and I was sad. I love match/match. I'd love it even more if I could find the exact ones for me and Gav.

Millers! said...

Love the PJs... I have a nephew alittle older than Brett, I can totally hear Logan saying the same thing! So funny... I think they are pretty cool!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

um...yeah. go to old navy next year.

(how funny is this...you know that "word verification" underneath leaving a comment...mine this time is "grump" no kidding...that makes me laugh for some reason)

Jennifer said...

Gap does great "big" kid PJ's too. We have the same tradition. My monther-in-law sent me a Twighlight calender for Christmas. I opened it and totally thought of you. If you didn't get one I have one to donate to the cause.

Alisha said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. So hawt! We do this but not the matching ones. I think I'm going to have to do that next year. They do kind of look like inmates. Such good sports!

Cathy said...

We have that tradition, too. But, this year I changed it. The girls got slippers because they already have so many pj's. By the way, I got a 70-300mm lens, too! Got your card, you guys are going to Germany? How did I miss that? Sophie's card meant the world to Emma, THANK YOU!

WendyJ said...

Love the PJ's. We did matching pajamas from Hanna Andersson. Their sizes go up to 12 yrs. old. so I could do the same for all 4 girls. They loved it!