Sunday, March 8, 2009

THE LOOT

Well, I decided to do a little blog hopping which I rarely do and I went and visited my friend, Heather's site (I also call her Alice every once in awhile :) So, here is her post called, "The Loot". It was all about the Daddy-Daughter Dance that was on Feb. 13th. For us, this was a GREAT date the girls had with dad. This year, the theme was "Fairy Tales". So, I started thinking of all the possibilities and the girls decided that they would be princesses. Actually, at first Sophie wanted to be a fairy but changed her mind when I found some really cute Renaissance dresses. I thought my husband should dress up as Prince Charming. We went up to a costume rental store and he tried on a few outfits only after I supposedly made him feel guilty for not wanting to dress up himself. (Yeah, whatever) Well, he and I decided that Robin Hood would be a great choice instead. So, we took it home and didn't tell the girls that he was dressing up too. It would be a awesome surprise! Right? Well, here they are before heading out to the dance:



Cute right? Robin Hood and his pretty princesses! Oh sweet! What a devoted father!
Well, they get to the dance and Dave could not see a single father who had dress in a costume! No one, nowhere, no how! The men were in suits and a few wore military uniforms. So, about 10 minutes after they left I get a phone call! This is Dave," I need my suit now!! Can you meet me in front of the school in 5-10 minutes?" OK, I just start laughing, like cracking up laughing, the kind of laughing that hurts your stomach! That was so funny!

I was like: "You are the ONLY one dressed in character?"
Dave: "Yes!!! Get down here now!"
Me: "OK, let me go find your suit and I'll be down shortly" Laughing big time!!
Dave: "I'll be in the car, I'm parked at the corner of Palisade and Haskell"
Me: "Where are the girls?"
Dave: "They are in a very long line for food. They'll be fine."
Me: "OK but do the girls want you to change?"
Dave: "I told Jenny I was going out to change and she looked me up and down and then said,
'GOOD'!"
Me: "She did!?!? Alright, I'll be right down!" (I'm laughing so hard I'm bustin' a gut)

So, here they are after the dance: Good thing Dave had a purple tie eh? :)


Well, on to the LOOT! See, we aren't lucky people. We rarely win anything. Every year, they put all the girls names in a raffle and then they give away the center pieces and other decor to the girls! Exciting right? Well, last year they came home with...a couple bottled waters. This year they came home with a poster tube filled with some nice things which all the girls got. So, when they got home Sophie was a little bummed and I asked why. Dave said it was because they didn't win anything this year. Well, they did win something this year but they wanted to give it to me for my birhtday the next day as a surprise!! Well, after receiving my surprise, I can see why Sophie was bummed!! :) Here is what her LOOT was for the night, a little girl's dream come true!
If you want to win a little girl's heart, give her this:

Hmmm, a toad sitting on a turtle, holding a platter. How nice and lovely! All Dave could think was," Am I going to have to take this thing to Germany with us? I told him maybe it could be a bonus to the lucky family that's renting our house!! And we wouldn't charge them if they broke it...actually, maybe we could pay them to brake it for us! :) No, actually, I, honestly, kinda like it! But, Sophie was a bit bummed seeing how one of her best friends has been lucky enough to win two very cool center pieces two years in a row! How lucky is that? But, ya know, it could be that their "Prince" turned into a "toad" when he decided to change into a suit? Just kidding! Dave is not a toad and he found out later that there was indeed one other dad that did dress up!

8 comments:

Megan said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Oh my gosh I would have paid money to see him walk in all dressed up. That is SO funny! Did anyone else see him?

Heather said...

I wondered what the scoop was! Matt never said anything about Dave dressing up. Now I get it. Matt is going to be so disappointed when I tell him he missed Robin Hood!
So, not only did you get a GREAT plant stand for your birthday but we also have new nickname for your husband. I'm going to be laughing about that for a long time.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

yeah, i was looking at those pictures and saying to jeremy, "i don't think you would ever do that for one of our daughters" (if we ever have any girls that is. and it's not a bad costume, jeremy's just not the robin hood dress up kind of guy). awesome post...totally laughing the whole time. tell dave he's an awesome dad to at least try!

sixlayerdip said...

Megan: Yeah!! Like EVERYONE saw him!! (Except the other guy who was dressed up)

Heather: Is his nickname Toad or Robin Hood?

Jennifer said...

I was sooo sad I missed getting a picture of him. He didn't make enough of a scene when he came in.

April said...

So funny, I just laughed along with you. I love that Jenny wanted him to change too:) Congrats on the toad, poor Sophie--just tell her I'm 30 and have never won anything in my whole life and I'm still doing ok:)

Julz said...

OH MY HEAVENS TO BETSY! I haven't laughed that hard since, well, I can't remember when! I just love you guys, Laur. Dave for dressing up (what a guy...cooks and cleans, too.) Jenny, for her absolute brillant answer to Dave changing (that's my girl, Jen!) and Soph, well, I mean, I can just see her little sweet face, so dissapointed and not afraid to say it! Love you guys! Love always, Julz

Cathy said...

Oh, I got a good chuckle about Robin Hood needing his suit, and Jenny saying "good" is the icing on the cake!