The Cruise
jacket out of it so it wasn't so bad!
This was a cute little alleyway filled with all sorts of cute shops in Nanaimo. Nanaimo didn't have much to offer...Dave and I found some blackberry bushes and picked some while we were walking around town! They were delicious!
The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC! Neat looking huh? It is over 100 years old and sits right on the water front. A very impressive building! In August, we took the ferry over from Port Angeles to Victoria but didn't get a good look at the Empress. However, we did take the kids to Buchart Gardens and to the castle. Hey maybe I will blog about that trip next!!

5 comments:
What a fun trip. I love Victoria. Did you go inside the Empress? Can you believe how many islands are scattered around in the Sound? Amazing.
Don't tell my girls about the silverware. For some reason they think they need a new spoon for everything.
Victoria is such an awesome city! I fell in love with it when I spent 4 days there with Sam and the kids. Sam had a conference in the Empress Hotel, so we got to stay in one of the rooms. It's a beautiful hotel, but no AC in the rooms, and the windows don't have screens (Brooke tried to crawl out the 2nd-story window). The pool was very nice, though. I think I'd prefer a Comfort Inn, or somewhere more modern next time. I guess it's worth it to stay in once, though.
i didn't know you went on a cruise. too fun! you're totally right...cruises are totally fattening. isn't it great!?!
So glad you guys had a great time. Looked like lots of fun but I'm a big chicken when it comes to open water :)
Looks lovely! I bet it was nice to get away, just the two of you, after the deployment. That is a gorgeous area.
Post a Comment