Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument
Many Americans think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control kids when they have one of 'those moments.'
One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.
Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.
Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.
I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.
Sincerely,

12 comments:
Yeah, Baby! I LOVE that picture!! I also want to say that I love to read what you have written to the kids. I just think that is so precious and will be treasured by them. They are lucky to have you for a mom and I am so glad you're my sista!
Where you going 99 in a 35 MPH zone?
I laughed so hard when I got that email. I sent it to several people in my family. It cracks me up everytime.
Thanks for the good laugh this morning, I needed that! :o)
I love it!
Hilarious. Could you imagine driving down the street and seeing that! I'd think, "that's a great parent!" ;)
Very funny Laurie..needed to laugh today :)
Love that one!
We aquired our fourth light saber of the house hold for Wes's last birthday. So I know your pain when things get broken. Sad.
I loved you post on Luke. The thing I remember about him was how he stuck his tongue out ALL the time when we was around 8-9 months old. It was so funny because it was square! Do you remember that? Yeah, he's a cute one. Watch out!
That is just plain hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
You Layers and your mean parenting!
http://twilightersanonymous.com/Quizzes/Find-out-which-female-character-you-are.html
I saw this and thought of you.
lol! that's was too funny! thanks for the laugh:)
Post a Comment